Still Learning

I have my first follower!  How exciting!  As special thank you goes out to Yolanda for being the very first to find me and become a part of my journey.  


Returning to work after our holiday break hit me hard, by hard I mean I couldn't wake up on Monday.  I did make it and when those 23 first grade faces smiled at me, the hard hit subsided and my heart felt a spark.  We went right to business after sharing our best moments during the past two weeks.  We have been spending the past 2 days preparing for our mid-year writing assessment,  I think we are ready for tomorrow. I will cross my fingers anyway!


Jessica is still waiting for letters from some of the colleges and universities where she would like to spend the next 4 years of her life.  I, on the other hand, wishes the mailman would forget our address......  Not really, but I can't look at her without seeing my little 3 year old ballerina scampering across the floor singing and dancing to Getting to Know You from The King and I.


Julianne had a hard day today, but she will overcome the adversity that she is facing.  I think watching your children realize that the world really is a big, bad place sometimes, is one of the difficult moments in parenting.  I also know that we must allow our children to work through these times on their own, while letting them know that we are here for them when they need us.


The first week of 2011 is half over and I am still smiling!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Note From Those in the Pink <3