Emergency Room, UGHHHH

From the moment I started my blog, I vowed to myself that I would share my journey with my children and my family, honestly, no matter what.  Some of that journey was bound to be embarrassing, but, we are all human and embarrassment is just part of our lives.


I woke up yesterday with blood in my stool (I really think poop sounds better, but I am refined, you know)... a lot of blood.  I got really scared, but the teacher in me cannot miss work, I just can't, so I went on my way.  I didn't feel good at all and my co-teacher could tell as soon as I walked in.  By 10 a.m. I had to leave and drove myself to the emergency room.  Let me just add that we have a brand new hospital around the corner from my house, so at least I was in the lap of luxury.


Long story short, after many tests and thoughts on what it could be from e-Coli to diverticulitis, the diagnosis is: A MYSTERY!  Of course it is, why would anything be easy?  The next step is a colonoscopy, which is not on my Christmas list this year.  I also have not gone to the bathroom since 6:30 yesterday morning either out of fear or simply because I am on a strict, pretty much, no solid food diet. 


At least I got to stay home from work (which I hate), but I witnessed the cast of Rent (my all time favorite musical, ever) singing "Seasons of Love" to Regis on his farewell show.  And..... today is my daughter's 19th birthday, so I cried a little extra tear knowing she is not with us on her birthday for the very first time in our lives.  I missed her this morning, very much.  That's my story, thanks again for listening.


Seasons of Love




2 comments:

  1. OMG, I hope everything goes well. Sending you healing vibes.

    Ms. M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I really hope you are feeling better now. On the bright side you got to say good bye to Regis. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete

A Note From Those in the Pink <3