UCF Dance Auditions and Unanswered Prayers

This weekend I took Jessica to the UCF dance team auditions, she of course said she would be ok, no matter what.  This, I must tell you, is a mother's worst nightmare.  I hate auditions because the outcome might not be what you want to hear and this is why I try to show my strong mommy side, but deep inside, I die a little each time.


Friday went well, she enjoyed the clinic and learned a lot.  Small world, my Goddaughter's best friend was there, Jessica recognized her from FB, so they stuck together, meeting for the very first time!  That was blessing number one.


Saturday, the first phone call came in at 12:00 noon, she made the first cut, blessing number two. She also informed me that she found a dorm mate!  This was huge, definitely, blessing number three!


Saturday, second phone call 5:15 pm, didn't make the cut, come pick me up....... This too was a blessing, as we would later realize, unanswered prayers and all......


So, the real reason God sent us on this journey was to help Jessica realize that she loves dance, no matter where or how she gets to show it off to the world and she has now made a new friend and will be rooming with her come August.  They are a match made in (dare I say it, heaven).


So in the words of Garth Brooks:


Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers 






No comments:

Post a Comment

A Note From Those in the Pink <3