216 Days to Go.....

It is 12:03 a.m. and I am awake, again.  My body is tired, my mind is not, so here I sit.  I wonder if the nights from now until Jessica leaves to college will be sleepless, moreover, will the nights over the next 4 1/2 years be sleepless?  I better start putting this creative mind of mine to work with some D.J. Inkers teacher tools, rather than sit here in the gloom and doom of empty nest contemplation.  My poor 16 year old, Julianne, is probably thinking that I will not leave her side since I won't have to divide face time between her and Jessica for a while.  Newsflash:  she is so right!


I guess I have myself to blame.  I nurtured, taught, loved, laughed, molded, scolded, kissed, squeezed, hugged, prayed, and bled for Jessica (I always will.....) so that she would one day be able to venture out into this world and make her way within it.  Our children are definitely our hearts walking outside of our body.  I never felt this more than  at this very moment.


The journey continues......

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Note From Those in the Pink <3